Thursday, January 7, 2010

'a special place for Nepal'





My visit in the month of September organized by CMS was exciting and a time to understand missions cross culturally. A co-worker, Ram and I were asked to speak about the Church in Nepal and our ministries in several churches and groups.

I was surprised to see that people in UK have a very special place for Nepal, the Nepali people, and Nepali churches. CMS had publicized and prepared for us before we reached any part of UK. We were warmly welcomed by people. A number of people were encouraged and challenged to fulfill their responsibilities for church growth in the UK when we shared about the unusual church growth in Nepal. They expressed regret for the decline of the Church in their own country.

I am encouraged to know that people in the UK who never have seen us have been praying for us. One of the leaders, John Cooper, from Lachlade wrote to me, "I have been concerned about the health of your wife Anjila, and I have been praying for her every day." I was touched by this letter. I am convinced that we can learn a lot from the Church in the UK and they too can learn a lot from the Church in Nepal. I feel closer to them than before and am praying more seriously than ever before after this visit.

My special thanks go to the CMS family and hosting churches who made this visit possible

.

Manoj, Director, Leadership Trainig Depertment, National Churches fellowship of Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment